Sunday, April 19, 2009

Insidious Round About Book Banning

A law that was passed in January seems to be strangely under reported. That law concerns vintage children's books; it's illegal to sell them. Vintage meaning any book printed before 1985.

The reason given for this law has to do with lead content in ink.

This law has caused great confusion among libraries, book sellers, etc.

It's not as straight forward as it might seem; there's much more to this just below the surface.

For more, read what my article on my blog Octopus Confessional. And so some research of your own; I think you'll be startled at what you find.

1 comment:

Rob Mitchell said...

Wow! This is terrible! I love old children's books. I just checked Amazon and they seem to still be selling them.
I may try to finish tracking down all the out of print kids books I want for my own children before they cannot be sold anymore.